Ok, I know I've said I love Publix, but I LOVE Publix! I got a $5/$30 purchase coupon in the mail from them, it was their Italian meal advertisement but for any groceries of course. Well, I also have a $5/$50 from Hitchcocks and Publix takes competitor coupons..
- Always use with coupons and get the items that become cheapest with coupons. For instance. If you do a b1g1f deal (which publix has often) for an item like Progresso chicken broth for $2.59. See, you can use 2 of the $1.25/1 coupons..making your final cost $.09 for 2 broths, but your TOTAL before coupons will be $2.59..so this will get you to your $30 to use your $5/$30 coupon...which leads me to..
- ALWAYS give the $5/$30 or the $5/$50 or whatever FIRST, this is when your total is highest and you haven't lowered it with your coupons yet.
- Get as close to the dollars off total as possible to maximize your savings. For instance if you need to spend $30, don't spend $50. Unless you were planning/need to. This way, if you have another $5/$30 coupon, you can use other items for that.
- Use the "extra" money to buy things you NEVER get coupons for but need and this varies for different people. I like to get produce, you might want to get meat that is on sale, or organic items for instance. If you buy $10 worth of meat, you can consider that $5/$30 to be for the meat, so you are getting your meat 1/2 off.
- When you can, add a mail in rebate item, especially with a coupon, to your order. This gets your order total higher, and you will get that money back! For example, if I had a rebate form for a Try me free Sure deodorant clinical and a $2/1 coupon for the product, I could buy the $9.99 item at Publix, get my total $9.99 higher/closer to my $30 requirement, then use $2/1 to lower my OOP, then get that money BACK, plus profit, when my rebate comes in!
Ok, I bought the following items, as pictured.
- 1 gallon of milk $2.99
- 6 Goodlife Cat food bags (had raincheck) $3.49 (used $3/1 coupons on each) Also note that cat food is not included in my household budget, so I will subtract the food cost at the end.
- 2 Progresso chick broth b1g1f @ $2.59/2. I used 2 $1.25 coupons, making it $.09 for 2
- Coffee Mate 16oz for $1.67. I used 1 $1/1 printed coupon from coffeemate.com = $.67
- Green Goodness Bolthouse farms juice $3.00
- Sabra Garlic Hummus $3.99 (missed the b1g1f sale!) Used $1.50/1 coupon = $2.50
- Rachel's yogurt $1.00. Used $.55/1 = $.45
- 2 containers Blueberries 2/$5.00
- Cantaloupe sliced $2.18
- Asparagus wrapped $2.49
- Grapes Red container $1.64
- Planters Cashews $4.69 (used my freebie Kraft coupon (up to $5) ) FREE
- 6 Progresso Soups @ $1.25 each on sale. Used 2 $1.10/1 & 1 $2/4 Q=$7.50 - 4.20=$3.30
- Used $5/$50 competitor coupon
- Used $5/$30 Publix coupon
- Total OOP = $18.66- $4.35 (includes tax) for cat food = $14.31 OOP
$787.16- $14.31 = $772.85 left in budget