Publix run while at CVS and while at post office mailing my four rebates..(can't wait!). I didn't NEED to go to Publix, but I wanted to take advantage of the produce coupon from Food Lion for $2/$5 produce since Publix takes competitor coupons! While there I see that Kelloggs is on sale B1G1F, I know I have a Strawberry Smart Start $2/1 so I think, yay! However, the Smart is not on sale, BUT there is a peelie coupon on the box for B1G1F on ANY! THEN I see that the ALL BRAN (Kelloggs) strawberry has a Peelie for $1 off ANY milk or yogurt when u buy the Bran. Ok, so I buy the Kelloggs Smart Start for $3.99, get $2/1 and then get b1g1f for the Bran. Because I buy the Bran, I get $1 off any milk, this works because each coupon is for a different product!! In the milk I find a silk soymilk PUMPKIN flavor quart for $1.35 and know my girls will like this treat! I got:
- Kelloggs Smart Start/Bran for B1G1F & $2 off one = $1.99 for 2 boxes
- 1 quart of Pumpkin flavored silk soymilk $1.35 minus $1 off any milk = .35
- 2 JIFFY Pie Crust mixes on clearance for 2/$69 or .35 ea
- 2 BIG Coffee Mate regular flavor creamers 2/$4 minus $1.25/2 coupon = 2/$2.75
- 3lbs Bananas for $.69lb = $2.19
- 1.55lb grapes for $1.99lb = $3.08 minus food lion $2/$5 produce coupon = $3.27 for my produce
- Total OOP = $9.05 Total savings this trip = $10.24 (in coupons)
- I saved more than I spent!!
My goal is to help other Moms/cooks/savers find ways to save money even if you cant get everything for free!! I know some don't have a Publix, or a CVS or whatever..so it isn't always possible to get great deals. My advice is to do your best! Shop the sales, plan your menu around the store sales...not BEFORE the store sales where you are forced to buy something full price. Also, don't be afraid to try new things! It can save you alot of money!
Note: In the pic is my adorable daughter Elizabeth (who is 5) who asked to PLEASE be in the picture.. "Ill stand way over here Mommy so I'm not blocking the stuff you bought!" ADORABLE!!
$1011.46 left in budget