Oh no! I just made a purchase that basically killed my budget!! Here's what happened... On Refund Cents (www.RefundCents.com) someone posted about a sale at Hickory Farms of 75% off regular prices, PLUS 15% off of your order with code CLIPPER. So over I went. THIS is what happens when you are sick at home, mostly in bed for over 7 days, you get a little crazy for a deal! I ordered the following:
- 2 Preslice Boneless Hams: Net Wt. 5.5 - 6 lb. Serves 16-18. GIFT# 7670 PRICE $45.00 SALE $11.25
- Ham Smokehouse Collection: Net Wt. 2.2 lbs. GIFT# 12825 PRICE $30.00 SALE $7.50
- Turkey Sampler: Net Wt. 1.0 lbs. GIFT# 11877 PRICE $15.00 SALE $3.75
- 2 King Comice Pears: Net Wt. 13 lbs GIFT# 20003 PRICE $50.00 SALE $12.50
Available for delivery October through December (So, will I get this?)
- Finest Fudge: Net Wt. 19 oz. GIFT# 7916 PRICE $22.00 SALE $5.50
- 1 Cheese Trio box: Net Wt. .7 lbs. GIFT# 7174 PRICE $15.00 SALE $3.75
- 1 all day celebration gift box: Net Wt. 6.4 lbs. GIFT# 12711 PRICE $75.00 SALE $18.75
Shipping for all of this was a whopping: $ 20.99 (tax was $2.09 and my discount was $14.66 off my order). I also added a $1 to donate to Share Our Strength. Grand total of $107.18!!! OUCH!!
My husband advised me that since this was food, it obviously had to come out of our budget! I tried to get around it, saying, but it's a gift for our family, or maybe it's under crazy sick lady expenditures.. but none of it would fly! LOL!
Anyway, we are trying to be real here, so this has to be included! Since I was contemplating a $800 budget like Jane4Girls, I guess this makes me a little closer to that! In addition, because I plan to add ebay sales to my budget (only of things I use my budget to buy), I think this allows me some room to get my amount high again. Some may agree, some may not, but this will work for us I hope! Especially since none of our stores double! I plan to cut and portion everything once we get it. I really hope we get the pears! The website says only avail til Dec, so why are they still selling? We shall see.
I will freeze portions for our meals and we can see how far this goes! Sausage for beans and rice, egg mix-ins, pizza toppings, etc. Ham for a billion things, cheese same thing. I even plan to freeze the cookies and portion them out for the family! So, let me know what you think? Was it a total waste or will time tell? Let this be a lesson to you guys! (and let me know if you do the same!) Hopefully out and about tomorrow...
Warmly, Tracey C.
$1091.22 left in budget