Hey friends! I CAVED and went ahead and clipped and sorted and headed out to the local Kmart for the DOUBLE COUPON event.
Last time I did this, it was not a good experience as the store said they weren't participating and I had to get with the manager etc. Then several coupons didn't double..so on. I think I haven't been back since then!
But this time the Double Coupon event was in our local ad.. so I dared to go. Rules, double up to and including $2 coupons, only 4 like items per transaction, only 40 (they changed it from 60) coupons per customer, per day, no overage, up to and including Sat., Apr. 25th. Let me say, I struggled to find coupons to USE! I went with a whole armload my first trip yesterday, but ended up with just a few freebies because Kmarts prices are so high, they don't carry many of the things, or they were totally wiped out! I did score a few goodies free: Oust spray, eggs (but only because I had a buy 2 Kellogg's get a dozen eggs free!), Kraft dressing, ummm...cat treats.. EAS nutrition bars...Olay 2 packs of soap... the rest were cheap items, like bandaids for $.19, Cereal for $.50, pringles for $.50, Whiskas 12 pack for $1.12, Tostitos salsa for $.75 (used one of my pepsi rebate coupons). I spent $14.XX. Sigh, I do better at Publix!
SO... today I went back, armed with a few more coupons and this is what I got:
- 4 boxes Kellogg's cereal 4/$10.. had $1/1 coupons doubled to $2 each. $2 for all $4 ALSO I got the rebate form printed at register to mail in for a $5 Gift Card from Kmart. So the cereal is basically free! I also got cereal yesterday, but only one rebate per household.
- 1 softsoap NEW fancy hand soap ensembles dispenser for $6.00!!! used $2/1 CVS magazine manufacturer coupon doubled to $4. Cost $2 (but I also got a rebate form to send in for buying the base and refill...so FREE after rebate!)
- 1 softsoap NEW equally fancy refill bottle for $3.00!!! used $1/1 IP coupon so $1.00 (free after mail in rebate as mentioned above)
- Dry Idea roll on deodorant $3.49 used $2/1 IP coupon (bricks?) FREE
- 9 bottles Suave Naturals shampoo & conditioner 4/$5 ($1.25 ea) used 3 $1.75/3 q's from the 3/1 RP insert doubled to $3.50 ea X 3 = $10.50 off $11.25 = $.75 for all 9
- Renu 4fl oz (full size but not huge) for hubby $3.49, used $1/1 IP from coupons.com = $1.49
- 3 MeowMix wholesome entrees on sale $.70 ea.. used $1/3 q from RP 3/1 insert, doubled to $2 = $.10 for 3
- 1 kraft catalina dressing on sale $2.67.. used $1.50/1 from SS 3/29 insert doubled to price.. = FREE (no overage on these)
HOWEVER! I will mail in for the cereal (using yesterdays cereal receipt) to get $5 Kmart GC AND I will mail in for the $4 softsoap rebate for buying the pump & refill. That is $9.00 back and minus my stamps...that is everything almost FREE!!!! I love when that happens!
NOTE: I found the soft soap displays ABOVE the shampoos! NOT with the hand soaps. They hadn't placed them out yet, and the rebate forms were on pads attached to the display piece. I just reached way up, pulled the entire display piece down (carefully!) and took what I needed! You may want to ask up at customer service if your store does not have the softsoap displays out.
NOTE 2: If you buy 4 of the kelloggs (pops, raisin bran, cocoa/rice krispies, fruit loops, apple jacks and chocovanilla krispies, corn flakes, smacks..the ones on sale) you SHOULD GET a rebate form PRINTED OUT at the register! It is not attached to your receipt, but looks just like a receipt! You must get this to mail in for your $5 Kmart gift card rebate! Don't leave without it! :)
I'll add my pics later.. enjoy!